Students must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher and a clean disciplinary record to apply. If a student is or will be on academic probation, s/he will no longer be eligible to go to Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Transfer students can apply to go to GTL as early as their first Spring semester on campus. Freshmen are eligible to apply for the Summer Program and will be accepted conditionally until they have a GPA on record. In January, their acceptance will either be confirmed, or retracted if their Fall GPA is below 2.5. Notes for transient students are found below.
Current Georgia Tech Graduate students should contact Andrea Gappell and Alina Opreanu to inform them of their interest in studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Once accepted into the program, Alina Opreanu will assist with the process of obtaining a student visa. You have until April 1 to decide about Fall 2017!
Georgia Tech-Lorraine is Georgia Tech's European campus. Masters and Ph.D students must apply and be accepted by a graduate program (ECE, ME or CS majors only) at the Georgia Institute of Technology in order to attend Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Other majors may be able to attend Georgia Tech-Lorraine for one semester, if they find enough course to fill their schedule. Although you must apply via Georgia Tech's main campus in Atlanta, students will be able to complete their entire Masters degree on the Lorraine campus if they so desire.
On the application, please select "Lorraine" as your campus of choice. Please review the student's section under the Graduate Programs tab on the left. It is very important that you follow the process outlined in those tabs which varies for transient students, partner school students, and Georgia Tech students.
NOTE: If you are currently studying at the Atlanta campus and would like to study at Georgia Tech-Lorraine in Fall 2017, you have until April 1 to let us know.
Application Information for Undergraduate Georgia Tech Students:
- Spring term: apply mid-May of previous year to October 1st
- Summer term: apply mid-August of previous year to October 1st Note: Summer 2017 is full. We are no longer accepting applications.
Note: Freshman who apply will be accepted conditionally, pending achieving a 2.5GPA or higher during their first semester at Tech and not having disciplinary actions on their record.
- Fall term: apply mid-January of term year to March 1st - NOTE: Fall 2017 application deadline extended until March 20, 2017!
Note: Each program will be closed as soon as the maximum capacity has been reached.
Spring and Fall Programs must close by the set deadlines due to time constraints regulating the visa application process. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. It usually takes several weeks before you will hear if you are accepted. Our Spring 2017 program sold out, so plan in advance for Fall 2017
Georgia Tech Undergraduate Students
- Complete the OIE Online Application
- Pay the $500 application fee through the Online Deposit Payment System link, found on the OIE Online Application page
Note: Transcripts are no longer required as part of the application process.
Application Information for Georgia Tech Graduate Students:
Please email Alina Opreanu for instructions on how to apply.
Application Information for Undergraduate Transient Students:
Georgia Tech admissions policy has been updated per Georgia Law. Admissions now requires proof of lawful presence in the United States for every admitted student to Georgia Tech.
This means that ONLY US citizens and US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) will be permitted to apply and participate as transient students on study abroad. Students from other universities on other types of US visas are NOT permitted to apply.
- Spring term: apply July 1st of previous year to October 1st.
- Summer term: Summer 2017 is full. Please check back in Fall 2017 to see if we will accept transient applications for Summer 2018. (We usually allow only GT students in the Summer semester.)
- Fall term: apply January 15th to March 1st - NOTE: New applications no longer being accepted for Fall 2017. If you have already applied, you have until March 15 to get all of your paperwork submitted.
Note: Each program will be closed as soon as the maximum capacity has been reached
Spring and Fall Programs must close by the set deadlines due to time constraints regulating the visa application process. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. It usually takes several weeks before you will hear if you are accepted. Our Spring 2017 program sold out, so plan in advance for Fall!
Transient Undergraduate Students:
Step 1: Temporary Admission to GT
- Follow instructions for Transient Students.
- Complete the OIE (Office of International Education) Online Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
- Submit Supporting Documentation to OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (DO NOT SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION DIRECTLY TO ADMISSIONS!)
Once you have received an e-mail with instructions on setting up a GT Account online and your GT ID, you may proceed to step 2: the actual APPLICATION to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
Step 2: Application to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- Read OIE's instructions for Transient Students
- Complete the OIE Online Application
- Pay the $500 application fee through the Online Deposit Payment System link found on the OIE Online Application page.
For questions on studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine for both undergraduate and graduate students, the application process, and costs, please contact Andrea Gappell, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
For questions on passport and visa requirements for undergraduates, please contact Maleia Lewis, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
For questions on passport and visa requirements for graduate students, please contact Alina Opreanu, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
For questions on academics and class schedules for undergraduates, please contact Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
For additional help or information regarding the OIE Application and Admission Application for Georgia Tech undergraduates, please e-mail Luisa Price, in the Office of International Education.
For additional help or information regarding the OIE Application and Admission Application for Transient undergraduates, please e-mail Margaret Wright, in the Office of International Education.
- Georgia Tech
- About Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- Visitor Information
- Faculty and Staff Directory
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Scholarships, Assistantships and Contests
- Corporate Relations
- Internships & Job Offers
- Contact Us
- Georgia Tech Lorraine Info Sessions - Locations